My Beloved Son Joshua was born in Hamburg NY on July 6, 1972. He died from PTSD/Suicide (Military neglect) on November 28, 2010. He is Dearly Missed by many friends and relatives. Lynn Nassoiy Grotke (Mom), Jennifer Grotke/Austin Disspain(Sister/nephew), Matthew Grotke (Audra&Madison-Brother/Family), Jessica Grotke (Daughter), Shane & Devin Grotke (Sons), Michael Scinta (Best Friend).
Josh was an intelligent, athletic, resourceful, caring Man and Father with a wonderful sense of humor. He loved nature finding peace in those surroundings. Though he struggled greatly in his younger years from sadness and loss, he successfully overcame all the obstacles to become a well respected member in the USAF for 16 years. This enabled Josh to protect and care for his dearly loved children.
During his service he played an integral role in U.S. overseas military operations. He earned numerous ribbons, awards and medals. He was a well respected leader in his squadrons offering loyalty and care for others.
1. Joint Service Commendation Medal
2. Air Force Commendation Medal
3. Air Force achievement Medal
4. Meritorious Unit Award
5. AF Outstanding Unit Award
6. Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
7. AF Good Conduct Medal,
8. National Defense Service Medal
9. Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
10. Global War on Terror Expeditionary Medal
11. Korean Defense Service Medal
12. Armed Forces Service Medal,
13. AF Overseas Ribbons – Long & Short
14. Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
15. AF Longevity Service
16. USAF NCO PME Graduate Ribbon
17. Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Rifle)
18. AF Training Ribbon
19. NATO Medal
We celebrate his life, courage, dedication & love of his children through many difficult circumstances and pray that he has found the Peace and Joy he desperately sought throughout his life. Always loved, never forgotten. Always in our Hearts and Thoughts.