This Free workshop is exclusively for Military and First Responders and their spouses (no children). You will be required to show proof of service to attend. There are 40 seats available.
Gus Castellanos MD retired neurologist is an expert regarding brain matters and also teaches the practice of Mindfulness. Mindfulness has been around for 1,000 of years and since 1981 it has been well researched is an Evidence Based Practice that enhances resiliency and performance under stressful conditions.
Benefits of Mindfulness:
If you are asking what the benefits of mindfulness are, you are taking the first steps. Congrats, you are being mindful! Very basically, mindfulness is awareness.
The benefits of mindfulness are immense. So, we have broken them up into categories, this is by no means a comprehensive list:
Well Being and Mental Health
• Boosts to working memory • Relieves rumination • Stress Reduction
• Creates a greater capacity to deal with adverse events.
• Increasing your capacity for mindfulness supports many attitudes that contribute to a satisfied life.
• Savor the pleasures in life as they occur, helps you become fully engaged in activities.
• Relieves depression • Helps with substance abuse • Relieves eating disorders
• Less emotional reactivity • Relieves anxiety disorders • Helps obsessive-compulsive disorder • Relationship satisfaction
• treat heart disease • lower blood pressure • reduce chronic pain
• improve sleep • alleviate gastrointestinal difficulties
• Become more efficient • Staying on task • Helps communication between coworkers
• Inspire ideas • More energy • Become a better leader • Embrace criticism
• Become a better listener
• Increase capacity for learning • Develop observation skills • Emotional development
• Being excited about new and mundane ideas • Increase self-compassion
• Improve grades and behavior